Cleveland Indians need to take advantage of long home stands
During the month of August the Cleveland Indians have a grand total of 16 home games split being two home stands. The first will span from Aug. 6 until Aug. 12 with the second going from Aug. 20 to Aug. 29 with one off day. Originally the first homestand was supposed to have an off day as well, but instead the team will have a makeup game against Cincinnati.
More from Away Back Gone
- Cleveland Guardians tantalizingly close to locking up AL Central tiebreakers
- Cleveland Guardians: Terry Francona becomes meme in profanity-laced ejection
- Say goodbye to defensive shifts and hello to bigger bases, pitch clock in 2023
- Cleveland Guardians: Shane Bieber second-fastest to 800 strikeouts in major-league history
- The next week will make or break the Cleveland Guardians’ season
The key here is that while the team will be home a lot, that doesn’t exactly help them. So far this season Cleveland is just 26-23 at home. That’s above .500, but the hope is that teams are well above .500 at home and that just hasn’t been the case for the Tribe thus far.
It doesn’t help that in July the team fell below .500 for the first time in a single month this season, going 9-15 overall. Bouncing back from that won’t be easy, but the frequently aforementioned easier schedule will help in that department.
Being that the teams coming to Progressive Field are the Tigers, Reds, A’s, Angels, Rangers and Red Sox, the team has a huge opportunity at home. You can split this teams into pretty much two categories. Teams that are very sweep-able and teams the Tribe are chasing in the Wild Card race. Either way, wins at home, in fact sweeps at home, are near musts in August against that schedule.