Cleveland Guardians Interleague Play: vs. Arizona (August 1-3)
Every year there’s a few teams that make a rare trip to Progressive Field, or just play against Cleveland in general. In 2022, one of those teams will be the Arizona Diamondbacks. The D-Backs will be making the trip to Northeast Ohio on August 1-3, marking the team’s first trip to Cleveland since 2014.
More from Away Back Gone
- Cleveland Guardians tantalizingly close to locking up AL Central tiebreakers
- Cleveland Guardians: Terry Francona becomes meme in profanity-laced ejection
- Say goodbye to defensive shifts and hello to bigger bases, pitch clock in 2023
- Cleveland Guardians: Shane Bieber second-fastest to 800 strikeouts in major-league history
- The next week will make or break the Cleveland Guardians’ season
The Tribe went out to Arizona in 2017, but you have to go back to the 2014 series in Cleveland to find the club’s last win over the Diamondbacks. When Cleveland made the trip out to the desert in 2017 they unfortunately were swept by a margin of 21-7. Luckily, the series is much better when it’s in Cleveland.
When the D-Backs are at Progressive Field, the Tribe lead the all-time series with a 5-3 record. However, when Cleveland is out in Arizona the Diamondbacks lead the series 4-7. For the math wizards, that means that the two clubs have faced a grand total of 19 times since Arizona entered the league in 1998.
This is a rare matchup for the club and it’s even more rare to have the chance to see Arizona in Cleveland. For fans who like to see different teams, this is a must-go series to kickoff August 2022 after the trade deadline.