Thursday Sept. 10, 6:10 p.m. EST
Probable Starters: Brady Singer (1-4, 5.58 ERA) vs. Aaron Civale (3-4, 3.63 ERA)
The Indians will finish off their four-game set with the Royals and seven-game homestand by sending right-hander Aaron Civale to the mound.
Civale earned a victory over the Brewers in his most recent start as he tossed six innings in which he allowed just two runs. While he’s had some rough outings, he has been an inning-eater for the Tribe as in each of his eight starts he has pitched at least six frames. No current Royal has ever faced the Indians second-year right-hander.
Kansas City will counter with rookie and 2018 first-round pick out of the University of Florida, Brady Singer.
Singer made his MLB debut against the Indians back on July 24, pitching five innings in which he allowed two runs, two walks and struck out seven. He took a no-decision, but the Royals would go onto win the game in extra innings.
More from Away Back Gone
- Cleveland Guardians tantalizingly close to locking up AL Central tiebreakers
- Cleveland Guardians: Terry Francona becomes meme in profanity-laced ejection
- Say goodbye to defensive shifts and hello to bigger bases, pitch clock in 2023
- Cleveland Guardians: Shane Bieber second-fastest to 800 strikeouts in major-league history
- The next week will make or break the Cleveland Guardians’ season
No Indian had more than two at-bats against the Royals rookie in that outing as Ramirez picked up the lone RBI and joined Cesar Hernandez as the only Cleveland batters to get a hit off Singer.