Jul 22, 2015; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Cleveland Indians center fielder Michael Brantley (23) is greeted by shortstop Francisco Lindor (12) and second baseman Jason Kipnis (22) after hitting a three-run home run in the third inning against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. Mandatory Credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
These Three Cleveland Indians Could Have a Big September
It’s nearly September, and the Cleveland Indians are all but eliminated from the Post Season. With the team currently six games under .500, the team has managed to improve their record by a slight margin in the past month. Even with the Detroit Tigers selling off pieces and the Minnesota Twins still showing signs of collapse, the Tribe has a 3.7% chance of reaching the playoffs, according to FanGraphs.
More from Cleveland Guardians News
- Cleveland Guardians tantalizingly close to locking up AL Central tiebreakers
- Cleveland Guardians: Terry Francona becomes meme in profanity-laced ejection
- Say goodbye to defensive shifts and hello to bigger bases, pitch clock in 2023
- Cleveland Guardians: Shane Bieber second-fastest to 800 strikeouts in major-league history
- The next week will make or break the Cleveland Guardians’ season
Despite this overall lack of hope, there are still plenty of games left to watch. This team has plenty of potential to spoil other teams’ fun and make the playoff hunt more interesting. Corey Kluber is in the midst of the hunt for the Cy Young Award, and Jason Kipnis is showing signs of life after returning from injury.
With this in mind, let’s look at the first of three Cleveland Indians who are poised for a big September:
Next: This outfielder could continue a hot August