Cleveland Indians: Players Ready for a Breakout August
These Cleveland Indians Could Lead the Resurgence
Mandatory Credit: Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Cleveland Indians have fallen on rough times as of late. Now sitting eight games under .500 and fifteen games from first place in the American League Central, it may seem like it is too late for the team to make the Post Season. While this most certainly seems like a valid point and FanGraphs does give the team an 8.6% chance of making the Post Season, it’s still not too late to rule them out.
More from Cleveland Guardians News
- Cleveland Guardians tantalizingly close to locking up AL Central tiebreakers
- Cleveland Guardians: Terry Francona becomes meme in profanity-laced ejection
- Say goodbye to defensive shifts and hello to bigger bases, pitch clock in 2023
- Cleveland Guardians: Shane Bieber second-fastest to 800 strikeouts in major-league history
- The next week will make or break the Cleveland Guardians’ season
One for fans to still believe in the Tribe is that the team possesses some players who have been very good in past Augusts. In this slideshow, we’ll take a look at five players who could rejuvenate the Cleveland Indians and push them into the Post Season. Perhaps these three players will not have a stellar month, but perhaps they will.
First we look at a player who has received much trade speculation.
Next: Potential Trade Candidate and August Hero