The New York Mets
The New York Mets have already made a move to help out before the deadline by adding veterans Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe from the Atlanta Braves. Uribe should help them at 3B and Johnson can help at multiple positions including the outfielder. One could argue adding Johnson means the Mets wouldn’t be interested in a guy like David Murphy, but consider that the Mets are currently using Kirk Nieuwenhuis in a platoon in the outfield.
More from Cleveland Guardians Rumors
- Cleveland Guardians prospects: All aboard the Brayan Rocchio hype train
- Is Bo Naylor the next Cleveland Guardians prospect to enter the majors?
- What is Amed Rosario’s future with the Cleveland Guardians?
- Cleveland Guardians option Mustard to High-A after struggling this season
- Sean Murphy is the perfect trade target for the Cleveland Guardians
Yes, Nieuwenhuis did hit three HR in a game this month but outside of that he’s been pretty bad this year at the plate. As mentioned before, the Mets already gave up on him once this year so I don’t think he’d stand in the way of them upgrading in the outfield/on the bench. The Mets are a team that needs offense if they want to try and catch the Nationals. Murphy could be a nice small piece for them in that pursuit.
Next: The Seattle Mariners