Sep 9, 2013; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Indians third baseman Jose Ramirez (left) scores a run on an error beside Kansas City Royals catcher Salvador Perez (13) in the third inning at Progressive Field. Mandatory Credit: David Richard-USA TODAY Sports
Indians Like Where Certain Prospects Are Headed
Ross Atkins, the Indians VP of Player Development, recently sat down and talked about a number of Indians prospects and their standing within the Indians organization and how they feel they are developing.
Among the topics covered are:
- Jose Ramirez‘s thumb and how his conditioning is coming along
- Jose Ramirez’s change at the plate to help develop a bit more power
- Cody Anderson‘s development and transformation into one of the Indians top pitching prospects
- Clint Frazier‘s work ethic has him in a position to succeed.
- Jesus Aguilar has become a solid first baseman and has become a much more professional hitter
It’s certainly not the longest or most in-depth of interviews, but it does help familiarize us with the names of some of the young and up and coming Indians to keep an eye out for. If these players can reach their full potential, the Indians won’t be able to compete not only this season, but in the subsequent seasons to follow. There is some solid, young depth within the organization that may very hell help create a sustainable winning environment.
You can watch the video below. (refresh page if video player fails to load)